Savoury Corned Beef Cakes And Garlic Sauce Recipe
Grab a can of Target Corned Beef and cook up these simple ready-to-go corned beef cakes! Devour these yummy patties, seasoned with fresh herbs and spices like parsley, thyme, garlic and scotch bonnet pepper. Paired perfectly with a simple garlic sauce, these corned beef patties make the perfect breakfast or appetizer that will definitely satisfy your tastebuds.
Recipe by Chris De La Rosa from CaribbeanPot.com
- 1 can corned beef
- 1 small onion (diced small)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 scotch bonnet Pepper (optional – diced fine)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (divided)
- 1 medium tomato (seeded/diced)
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 4 large potatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions (chopped)
- 4 tablespoon butter (divided)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup olive oil
Garlic Sauce (topping/dipping)
- 1 cup mayo
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 leaves shado beni
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar (optional) any vinegar
- Heat a dry non-stick pan on medium heat and add the crumbled corned beef
- Followed by the onion, tomato, 1/2 the black pepper, scotch bonnet, thyme, garlic and parsley
- Mix well and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Set aside to cool
- Bring the potatoes (cubed) to a boil in salted water (3/4 teaspoon mentioned above) and cook until tender
- Drain, then mash with 1/2 the butter and remaining black pepper
- Fold in the finely chopped scallions.
- With the corned beef cooled, add the mashed potatoes.
- Form into balls, then flatten (use a circle mould if you have one)
- In a small bowl, whisk your eggs.
- Heat the remaining butter and olive oil on a medium flame
- Each patty is then dipped in the whisked eggs, then pressed into the bread crumbs to coat all sides.
- Fry on both sides till golden brown and you have a wonderful crust (do in batches).
- Add all the ingredients for the garlic mayo in a blender and work till smooth.
- Drizzle over the finished corned beef cakes.