Devour Leftover Hot Cross Bun Bread Pudding
The golden rule for leftover, stale bread is to make bread pudding. This doesn’t change when it comes to hot cross buns—in fact, the bread pudding turns out even better!
Hot cross buns are usually spiced so they already have a huge amount of flavour. All that’s left to do is to soak them in a luxurious custard mixture and bake. Serve the silky bread pudding warm with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.
HOT CROSS BUN BREAD PUDDING
Yields: 8 Servings
Total Time: 35 mins
- 4 hot cross buns
- 1 cup full-cream milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ cup sugar Butter, for greasing
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter a 9-inch, round baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix milk, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar.
- Pour custard mixture over hot cross buns and let soak for 1 hour.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until custard is golden-brown and custard has set.