Deep Fry Your Corn Dogs For The Best Game Day Snack
Corn dogs are the perfect game day food. Easier to eat than a hot dog, and arguably more delicious with its slightly sweet and yummy cornmeal coat. Dunk in ketchup or mustard (pepper sauce is a must!) and sit back and enjoy the last of those group stage games!
DAIRY DAIRY MINI CORN DOGS
Yields: 12 Servings
Cook Time: 25 mins
- For batter:
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup Dairy Dairy Full Cream Powdered Milk
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 8 hot dogs
- 24 Skewers
- Oil for frying
- Heat oil to medium-high heat. Line a plate with paper towel.
- In a large bowl mix the batter ingredients together until smooth. Batter will be very thick. Pour the batter into a tall glass, to ensure easy dipping.
- Cut each hot dog into 3 even pieces and pierce each with a skewer.
- Dip the skewered hot dog into the batter until fully coated. Fry in batches of 4 to 5 to ensure easy flipping and even frying. Cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Remove from oil and place onto lined plate. Repeat until all are fried.
- Serve warm with mustard and ketchup.