Crush Gingersnaps To Make A Spiced Crust For Your Zesty Key Lime Pie
Serve yourself two or three of these creamy-but-zesty key lime pies. The gingersnap crust adds a subtle spice, giving the dessert a more nuanced flavour while condensed milk in the filling makes the dessert that much more decadent. Whipped cream adds the last layer of indulgence. Have it with a cup of tea or enjoy all by itself.
KEY LIME PIE WITH GINGERSNAP CRUST
Yields: 12 Servings
Total Time: 37 mins
- 1 can condensed milk
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- For the crust:
- 1 pack gingersnaps or digestives
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whip cream with icing sugar; cover and set aside in the fridge.
- In a food processor, grind cookies until fine and place into a bowl. Add in salt and melted butter and stir to combine.
- Place a heaping tablespoon into the bottle of each liner and use your fingers to press the crust in firmly.
- Bake crust for 9 to 10 minutes.
- Mix condensed milk, lime juice, lime zest and egg yolks.
- Remove the pan from the oven and divide the filling evenly into the cups.
- Lower the oven to 325°F and bake for 12 minutes. Cool in the fridge for at least one hour and top with freshly whipped cream.