Corned Beef Macaroni Pie Recipe
Level up your traditional macaroni pie with a can of Target Corned Beef.
Chutney producer Zaheer Khan, also known as the ‘D Pungalunks’ or Big Rich, is famous for serving his friends meat-filled dishes on his reality TV show ‘D’ Big Rich Lime’. Here, he makes a classic macaroni pie and adds a layer of seasoned up canned corned beef in the middle. Big Rich’s recipe for delicious Corned Beef Macaroni Pie makes the perfect Sunday lunch or potluck dish.
- 800g dried macaroni noodles
- 3 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon cooking margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 packs evaporated milk
- Salt to taste
- A dash of oyster sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 1 hot pepper
- 1-inch knob ginger
- 1/2 cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 small red onion
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tins of Target Corned Beef
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 hot pepper (optional)
- 3 sprigs chives
- 3 pimentos
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 medium tomatoes
- Pinch of salt
- A Dash of Oyster Sauce
- Prepare your vegetables and seasoning for the corned beef by slicing 1 onion, hot pepper, chives, pimentos, celery and tomatoes (keep separated).
- Prepare your fresh seasoning for the macaroni pie by blending 1 medium, 1 hot pepper and 1-inch knob of ginger.
- In a medium pan, add the oil over low to medium heat. Add the onions, hot pepper, pimentos and sauté for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add your chives and celery and sauté for another minute.
- Add your corned beef, stir and incorporate well with sautéed vegetables. Add one dash of oyster sauce, a pinch of salt and black pepper and stir into corned beef.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes till corned beef is completely cooked through. Set corned beef aside.
- In a large pot, pour in water, salt and allow to reach a rolling boil. Add your macaroni noodles and cook for 10 minutes or until al dente (cooked but still firm).
- Strain and immediately return to pot.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease your baking dish with butter.
- In the same large pot with your cooked macaroni, toss in your cheese, cooking margarine, eggs, evaporated milk, salt and dash of oyster sauce and mix together.
- In your greased baking dish, evenly layer half of the macaroni mixture. On top of the macaroni, layer your cooked corned beef mixture. Lastly, layer the remaining macaroni over the corned beef.
- Garnish the macaroni pie with sliced red onion, red pepper flakes, oregano and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Once the pie has a nice golden crust, remove from oven.
- Leave the corned beef macaroni pie to cool for at least 20 minutes. Slice and serve!