Stir up this Brandy & Anise Sour for Sunday Brunch
Upgrade your at-home brunch game with this delightful Brandy and Anise Sour cocktail. Sweetened with a unique and simple anise infused simple syrup, this cocktail goes down extra smooth. Not to mention it looks simply stunning with the anise garnish and foam finish. A favourite in our books!
Anise Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 4 Anise cloves
- 1 ½ oz. Brandy
- ¾ oz. Anise Simple Syrup
- ¾ oz. Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 Egg White
- 2 Whole Anise Cloves, Floated
- Orange Twist
- Chilled Cocktail Glass.
1) Prepare your Anise Simple Syrup
- In a small saucepan, bring your water to a boil.
- Add sugar and stir until it has dissolved completely.
- Reduce the heat, add the anise and cover the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Allow it to cool and steep for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the anise and transfer the syrup into a bottle, and refrigerate. The syrup is good for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
2) Combine all the cocktail ingredients and dry shake thoroughly without ice.
3) Add ice and shake thoroughly again.
4) Strain over fresh ice or in a chilled cocktail glass.