Bacon Plantain Corn Pie Recipe
Try out this irresistible bacon plantain corn pie loaded with tons of flavour and fresh seasonings. The union of the sweet plantains, juicy corn and savoury bacon, when baked together create the perfect bite full of goodness. Enriched with Enjoy full-cream Lactose-Free milk, this unique pie has a deliciously creamy and smooth texture that keep you going back for seconds. A must make for Sunday lunch and holidays.
- 1 tin cream-style corn
- 1 tin whole kernel corn
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups of Enjoy full-cream Lactose-Free milk
- 1 plantain
- 1 pack of bacon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 blades of chives
- 1 small onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 lb cheese (grated)
- Chop the plantain in small chunks and finely mince your bacon and set aside.
- Prepare your fresh seasonings by finely mincing your garlic, chives onion and celery.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Heat your olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until hot. Sauté your plantain, bacon and fresh seasoning together for 5 minutes.
- In your large mixing bowl, pour in your cream-style corn, whole kernel corn, cornmeal, seasoning salt and your Enjoy full-cream Lactose-Free milk and mix together. Fold in your cooked bacon plantain mixture. Add 1/2 your cheese and mix well.
- In a greased baking dish, pour your corn pie mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1/2 hour. Slice, serve and enjoy!