Add Cornflour To Your Brownies For Maximum Decadence
Promasa cornmeal is the perfect way to achieve coveted gooey brownies. Chocolate chips inject chocolatey goodness while butter makes these brownies as decadent as can be.
Yields: 16 Servings
Total Time: 1 hr
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon Refisal fine crystal sea salt
- ⅔ cup Promasa cornflour
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 sticks or 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Butter, for greasing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan and then sprinkle with cocoa powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix water, salt and cornmeal; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar; set aside.
- In another separate large bowl, with an electric mixer, combine butter and baking powder. Then, add cornmeal mixture and continue blending for 1 minute.
- Add cocoa powder and egg mixture to butter and cornmeal and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Then, add chocolate chips and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 40 minutes. Let cool and cut into 16 pieces.